Is it about that time you start putting the finishing touches and bows on your summer vacation plans? Is it time to really buckle down on your workout to get that beach-ready body? If it is, we have some workouts you can add to your fitness plans to get that beach body in 4 weeks. Here are a few of the workouts you can do in your Arlington apartment:
- Front Lift: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
- Optional Challenge: Hold 2-pound dumbbells.
- Lift arms overhead, palms facing in, lifting right leg from the hip until it’s parallel to the ground.
- Hold for 2 counts, then drop right foot into a front lunge.
- Leg Pull/Push-Up: Come to full push-up position with hands under shoulders and draw abdominal in toward spine.
- Lift left leg to hip height (point toes) or slightly higher. Lift and lower left leg 5 times.
- Repeat leg lifts on right side.
- Extend left leg, bend elbows, and slowly lower chest 4 inches toward the ground; straighten arms.
- Do 5 push-ups with left leg lifted, then lower.
- Do 5 more push-ups with right leg lifted.
- Fron Plank/Back Support: Sit with legs extended and toes pointed, pressing palms to the ground 6 inches behind your butt, fingers pointing to your back.
- Engage your abs and arch upper back slightly.
- Press body weight into your hands and lift hips up, forming one line from ankles to shoulders.
- As you lift hips, try to touch the balls of both feet to the ground.
- Hold for 2 counts, then return to starting position; repeat 10 times.
Fitness Magazine finds these workouts to be highly effective when you do them 3 or 4 times a week, completely them twice, then adding 15 minutes of cardio. Get started today! Make sure to come back and tell us how effective your beach-body exercises were for you and your fitness goals. Leave a comment in the section below.
Photo Credit: photostock via FreeDigitalPhotos