Get Ready for the Beach in 4 Weeks with These Workouts
Is it about that time you start putting the finishing touches and bows on your summer vacation plans? Is it time to really buckle down on your workout to get that beach-ready body? If it is, we have some workouts you can add to your fitness plans to get that beach body in 4 weeks. Here are a few of the workouts you can do in your Arlington apartment:
- Front Lift: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
- Optional Challenge: Hold 2-pound dumbbells.
- Lift arms overhead, palms facing in, lifting right leg from the hip until it’s parallel to the ground.
- Hold for 2 counts, then drop right foot into a front lunge.
- Leg Pull/Push-Up: Come to full push-up position with hands under shoulders and draw abdominal in toward spine.
- Lift left leg to hip height (point toes) or slightly higher. Lift and lower left leg 5 times.
- Repeat leg lifts on right side.
- Extend left leg, bend elbows, and slowly lower chest 4 inches toward the ground; straighten arms.
- Do 5 push-ups with left leg lifted, then lower.
- Do 5 more push-ups with right leg lifted.
- Fron Plank/Back Support: Sit with legs extended and toes pointed, pressing palms to the ground 6 inches behind your butt, fingers pointing to your back.
- Engage your abs and arch upper back slightly.
- Press body weight into your hands and lift hips up, forming one line from ankles to shoulders.
- As you lift hips, try to touch the balls of both feet to the ground.
- Hold for 2 counts, then return to starting position; repeat 10 times.
Fitness Magazine finds these workouts to be highly effective when you do them 3 or 4 times a week, completely them twice, then adding 15 minutes of cardio. Get started today! Make sure to come back and tell us how effective your beach-body exercises were for you and your fitness goals. Leave a comment in the section below.
Photo Credit: photostock via FreeDigitalPhotos